Regular repairs and maintenance are very important and will prolong the life of your pool. Having routine check-ups done by a Ft. Lauderdale professional team like Somar Pools is a great way to find problems while they’re small, and before they become difficult and costly to repair. In addition to us performing our standard evaluation, there are certain things that you look out for on a daily basis that may indicate there’s a problem with your system.
Signs That You May Have A Pool Leak
If you notice any of the following between your scheduled visits, you may have a leaking pool. It’s important to give us a call right away.
- There is standing water near the pool, equipment pad, or the nearby grass has soft, mushy spots or uneven grass growth.
- You’re losing more than 1/4″ – 1/2” of water per day. Keep in mind that the amount of water your pool loses can vary depending on the humidity, wind, air temperature, water temperature, and other weather factors. Also, a decrease in water level is common when children are playing in the pool and splashing the water.
- Extraordinary algae growth or discoloration of the water.
- Loose or otherwise compromised tiles, or cracking of the cement pool deck.
- Gurgling sounds that aren’t normally heard.
- Water corrosion around the pump and pipes.
Seek the Help of a Professional Pool Team
Don’t attempt to fix any of the above issues yourself. Proper repairs will be needed rather than covering the issue up. To ensure that the integrity of your pool remains intact, call the professionals of Somar Pools. We’ll gladly come out to your Ft. Lauderdale home and get you fixed up the right way.